My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Switzerland

Switzerland is so expensive! Just as an example, the dollar is about equivalent to the Swiss franc, but a McDonald's meal (not that I would get one) is 14 swiss francs! CRAZY!

Anyways, the last couple of days I've been at L'Abri in a small little village up in the Swiss Alps.

Go here for more info about L'Abri.

It's been so good. I read an amazing book that God just used to kill me, in a good way of course. The wound is open, scraped out, and being treated. Perhaps some real healing can begin. The week before I felt on the verge of emotional burnout, some days thinking I really was going crazy. Four days in the Swiss Alps has brought me sanity. God has given me clarity, hope, and love.
I feel refreshed and refocused. I feel healthy.

Thank you all for your prayers over this part of my journey.

I ate some wonderful food at L'Abri, but mostly just enjoyed the pace of life that allowed me five hours of reading and drinking tea in a cabin overlooking the snowcapped Swiss Alps everyday. In the evenings before dinner I would take walks along the edge of the valley and meet some Swiss cows along the way. Swiss cows have bells around their necks; you could hear them all the time at L'Abri. One cow even came up and licked me. Weird, but really cute.

Now I'm couchsurfing in Lausanne. James and I are reunited.
Tonight we are going to check out the cinema portion of this awesome music and art festival, and then we are going to check out some house/techno clubs.
Lausanne is so beautiful. They have a really gorgeous gothic cathedral here that reminds me of Notre Dame.

I miss Paris.

Also, Lausanne is on this huge lake, nestled between the Swiss Alps. The town of Evian (like the water) is right around the corner. The water is awesome here.

It's almost too cold, but it's kinda nice.
We leave to Florence on Sunday night. It will be nice to be in Italy again. I wonder if I will be able to afford Italy. I can't afford Switzerland, but it's nice to just sit outside and look at how pretty everything is and be hungry and homeless and still absolutely lovely.

I might be back in Orlando later than I thought. But if you know me, you probably knew that would happen.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment