My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A little bit of Italy, Monaco, France, and Spain in two days. And the worst day yet. Oy vey.


Friends, this makes me happy right now.

Yes, that's right, I am with Sarah Tilley in Barcelona. Life is just lovely and grand, I can't believe how amazing it is that we are all here right now.

We live in a loft in an amazing hostel. It's really grand.

Today was actually really great, compared to yesterday (the day from hell).
Basically what happened yesterday was James and I left from Florence at 1:30am, got into Milan at 7:00am left Milan at 9 and got into Nice at 2 where we found out we couldn't get to Barcelona until the next day (today) at night because France had a holiday.
Oh lordy, so then we took a train at 6:30om (after fighting with desk people all day, or basically James doing that all day) to Montpellier, which we arrived at around midnite. This was where we had to wait until 3pm to take a five hour train to Barcelona. So we spent the night in the train station (which was loads of fun) and then took a 6am train to Avignon.

This is where it gets good because Avignon was actually really gorgeous and we had the most lovely time just walking around and exploring the city. The pope used to live here and had a really beautiful castle that we got to explore. I also got a lovely French pastry. I love France. I just love that country, have I said that yet?! I love France.

Well then we got on the train and got into Barcelona.

Here we got to see the newlywed Vandermolens for a hot second and then walked around Gotica and the Las Ramblas area with Sarah after getting an amazingly cheap dinner.
Tomorrow Sarah and I are getting breakfast at the hostel and then getting coffee after.
For reals? Hanging out with my bff in Spain.

life is so lovely.

1 comment:

  1. wow this sounds like an adventure!!!! so glad you get some bff time!!!!

    ReplyDelete