My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Friday, October 30, 2009

[guest blogger: sarah tilley]

Friends, chocolate, mint tea, and Sheena make the best Thursday night a homesick girl could ask for in Bilbao. Thursday night is a huge going out night around here. Half off caƱas (mini beers) and pintxos (basque tapas) bring out the crowds. My roommate Mi could not believe that we were not going to go out and take advantage of the deals. But I got all I could ask for with having a best friend in town. Earlier that night we did get to do what was on my list of "Bilbao with Sheena" priorities. We went to my favorite cerveceria in Casco Viejo to split delicious bocadillos and croquetas. I crave food from this place at least twice a week- so I thought Sheen deserved to share in this dining experience. Afterward we walked along the river that divides Bibao and enjoyed the sight of the Guggenheim at night. We also took some pictures under the giant, Tim Burtonesque spider that hangs out by the Guggenheim. Hopefully sheena will post some of those soon :-)

Most importantly, I was blessed with good conversation by someone that really knows me. And after you get that, you don't really need to go out and experience the Thurday night drink deals. Falling asleep while watching Friends suits you just fine.

Thank you for coming to Bilbao Sheena!! Agur!

No comments:

Post a Comment