My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We took a walk yesterday...

Yesterday was a wonderful day.
I woke up early, as usual (only when traveling!) and let James sleep in (as usual, lol) while I went to my favorite Boulanger Patissier, which is conveniently like a 3 minute walk for our apartment. *love love*
I got two croissants and a Parisian croissant with almond butter. Yummies yummies.

Then we went to the grocery store for the first time, yay! Did some groceries, then walked to Jardin du Luxembourg. It was so beautiful; I love how Parisians picnic. My kind of people, seriously. Everyone was just out laying in the sun on the most gorgeous day.

After walking all around the gardens we went to the Musee de Louvre. Though it was closed yesterday (Tuesday's) we just walked around the courtyard and through the Tulleries. It was so gorgeous and each little eave had a different musician playing in it. We spent a really long time here just walking around and I got to talk to two different old Parisian men, who were really sweet and cute. With one of them I had my conversation entirely in French!

As the sun was setting we walked back to the apartment along the river Seine, while passing the Musee d'Orsay (Rue Vaneau, where we live, dead ends here) and more little Parisian bistros.

This city is absolutely intoxicating. I love it.

We made dinner last night (yay frugality) which was just spaghetti and wine and cookies for dessert. Anyone got any fun recipe suggestions? We don't have an oven, just a stove.
After dinner we watched a movie. Not a big deal, but a great night.


What is a big deal is that there is a window-ed building across the courtyard from our apartment (which overlooks the Prime Minister's gardens, yeah no big *Ahh*) in which you can see the sparkling reflection of the Eiffel Tower.

HOW IS THIS MY LIFE?!?

Laundry day today and then solo-adventure day. I'm gonna check out Marais, the Jewish Quarter, and maybe the Sorbonne area, and then maybe meet up with James for a Montemarte adventure tonight. Versailles tomorrow, je pense que.

Miss you all, be praying I don't spend too much time online because of it, I'd rather be playing if you know what I mean.

I'm overwhelmed with the pictures I have to post, but I'll try and get on it tonight!
<3>




1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy and excited for you Sheena! :) I knew you would love Paris! It's such a beautiful city. You will love Montemarte!! Oh and Versailles is ridiculously awesome. Ah! I love you so much and can't wait to hear all the stories in person :D

    -kristie b-

    ReplyDelete