My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Couch Surfing






*These pictures are a bit old, but I don't think I've posted them yet.*

I want everyone to go to this website and experience a part of couch surfing, whether it be hosting, surfing, or just making friends through meeting someone for coffee. It really is such a wonderful thing with such a great heart and such rewarding benefits.

James and I are staying in an apartment about a 20 min metro ride outside of Paris at the Grand Arche at La Defense, which is the "other arch" that you can see from the Arc de Triomphe. We are in our new CS friend Jessica's apartment, and though we stayed by ourselves last night, tonight we are with a musical pair from LA and two best friends from Montreal.

Last night Jessica made us an awesome dinner of beans and ham, quiche, tirimisu, and we ended the night with some good conversation and good tea.

Oh and a mini James Roquemore concert. No big. :)

This was after the most lovely day that James and I had of doing groceries then "stopping" in Montemarte before shopping at Montparnasse, but really just getting lost in Montemartre and never making it to shopping. Twas a good trade off for sure. (Montemartre is the tallest point in Paris and is also where the movie Amelie was made).

So it was such a lovely day. Love love love. I love this city, I love these people, I love couch surfing.

Today will perhaps be shopping day and then we meet with my friend Kasia's best friend Ania for dinner. I met Kasia through hosting her couch surfing in Orlando, she's from Poland, but her best friend is studying in Paris right now so we will meet! Then when were are in Paris again at the end of October we will meet with Kasia who will be visiting Ania and us at the time.

See the benefits of this organization?!? Ahh nonprofits. Please check it out.
www.couchsurfing.org

Au revoir and Bonjournee!

No comments:

Post a Comment