My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Mountains

As I write Baboush, a cute gray cat that looks exactly like Gracie (Tatiana) is asleep by my side. I love it.
I don't even know what we are doing today, lol, but everything on the to do list got done yesterday except for LAUNDRY.
We went hiking in the mountains yesterday with Lisiane and Emilie, and oh my goodness it was wonderful and just absolutely breathtaking. I went hiking in my TOMS yesterday - and if you are thinking about doing the same one day, don't, lol. They held up pretty well though, but the mountains was filled with lots of sharp dried lavender and various prickly thorny things that just pricked their way right through the canvas and onto my feet. Ouchies.

Anyways, afterwards we drove to a little mountain town called Gourdon. On the drive we saw various parachutes and hang gliders in the air - I want skydiving round 2 right now, watch out.
Gourdon was such a cute little village. I wish there was a way to record smell because even as we were driving through the mountains the smell of lavender filled the air, and in Gourdon the smell of their various "parfume" shops and scented candle shops filled the streets. Grasse is the perfume captial of the world, and with all the wild "lavande" everywhere I can definitely see why.
We got nutella crepes and sodas at this little restaurant in Gourdon and then drove home. The drive home included a little stop at the boulangerie, which hey, I'm not complaining. Lisiane got us chocolate frosting covered merengue and this RICH chocolate tarte. We had a small little lunch of this awesome tuna salad, then ate the pastries. This wasn't too long after the crepes, and I think I really overdid it on the chocolate. Maybe the hike and everything combined...I dunno, but I got THE WORST headache of my lifetime and I think we safely concluded that it was definitely a migraine.
It was that kind that didn't get better with time, but only got worse and worse and worse. Oh gosh, I felt like my head was going to spin off.
We watched School of Rock that night with Emilie, and then got online to watch Status (at midnite for us, lol). It was so great to hear from my church community back home and to see familiar faces (great job singing Luke) and to just know what's going on back home. Josh preached an amazing sermon that I want to listen to again sans the worst migraine of my life.
After "church" I spent about an hour laying on a futon, holding my head to ensure it wasn't going to spin off. Argh, so terrible. I don't know how I finally managed to get to sleep, but when I woke up this morning I STILL HAD A HEADACHE.

Friends, please pray pray pray for my body. Just for continued provision and healing in my back, my freaking lactose-intolerance (and my self-discipline with it), and my wisdom teeth, which are still coming in and is just a completely unnecessary pain that I don't have money to rid myself of (especially here in Europe). Pray for James as well when it comes to the wisdom teeth deal, as he's been having some trouble with his as well.

As a side note, I'm glad this all happened here, because Lisiane is so great and loves so well, it's overwhelming. It's nice and refreshing to just be taken care of for a change, to be mothered, and last night Lisiane made me tea for my stomach and in addition bought me all this goat milk and cheese when she found out I was lactose-intolerant. AND cleaned the random stain that got on my pretty beige coat AND feeds us and transports us everyday AND is just wonderful.
James and I are both so grateful and overwhelmed. Pray that we can be blessings to her and Jack and their family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment