My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nice!

Yesterday we got to go to Nice.
I had the most amazing/hard/crazy morning with Jesus. It was beautiful to just sit in my room here and look out over the French Alps and just pray and listen to Sleeping at Last's newest album and just let Jesus invade.
If you would like to pray for me I would just ask that you would pray for the Holy Spirit to invade me powerfully and allow me to love and live out of His power. Also, that I would claim truth over myself and my life, the truth about God's promises and the truth about who He says I am.
I'm learning a lot, but that doesn't mean it's not hard and heartbreaking.

After my intense morning I got to eat "dejeuner" with everyone here, which was lovely. We then left with Emilie, the twelve year granddaughter of Lisiane with whom I currently share a bed with, and Lisiane took us to Nice.

The drive in again was just wonderful. The French riveria just passing by...so unreal.
Nice was just gorgeous. We got there around 3:30 and had to take the 8:30 bus back, so we didn't get a lot of time, but we just walked around Vieux Nice (thanks Mr. Tilley for the recommendation) and walked along all the backstreets and alleys of shop upon shop and smelled every piece of soap or lavender we could get out hands on! It was great.
Not to mention, we got pastries of course. Lol.
Hanging out with Emilie was great, she is very limited in English because she's just learning it now, so James and I basically spent the whole day in French. It was exhausting but really great practice, and Emilie is so nice and cute.

After walking around we decided to go to the beach, so went to the Quai des Etas-Unis, which was kind of ironic, and got ice cream cones and sat on the strange PEBBLE beach and watch the sunset.
Second day in a row that James and I did this, and it was awesome!
We skipped stones into the ocean and put our feet in.
Then we walked back to the bus station, Gare Routiere, and naturally couldn't help ourselves from stopping and getting "crepes avec nutella et banane". :)
This crepe was like the best one I think James and I have had all trip.

We took the bus home, which was a little crazy going through the windy mountains. We were sitting in the very back and I actually got pretty motion sick by the end of the trip. But soon enough we were home and eating dinner and going to bed.
Twas a lovely day, and it was also the day that marks exactly 4 weeks of travel for James and I.

I can hardly believe it. I'm still in awe that this is my life. I'm listening to Zach Williams as I type this, windows open to the French Alps, and pondering what I'll wear today for our beach day in Nice.
How is this my life?
Jesus is too good to bless me this way.
And praise Him James and I haven't killed each other yet, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment