My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

35 days. And I learned how to surf.

I had an amazing morning today.

The Lord is so sweet to me. He loves abundantly.

This summer I will be going to France on a missions trip with Pioneers. Part of what I will be doing in France involves working alongside a surf ministry.
SURF MINISTRY! WHAT?!?

I have no idea what that would even look like nor have I ever been surfing!

Ok, so I remembered encountering a surf ministry in Cocoa a couple years ago while I was there with friends. So, encouraged that there was a surf ministry close to me, I searched on Facebook for "Christian Surfers+Cocoa Beach" and lo and behold, I found "Christian Surfers of Cocoa Beach."
I became Facebook friends with them and saw that they hold monthly bible studies and surf times. One was coming up, so I went to it.
It was this morning, and it was awesome. I got to share some prayer requests for my summer and for ministry in France. And then some people PRAYED over me.

Complete strangers, just brothers and sisters in Christ. Oh how beautiful is the family of God.

THEN they taught me how to surf.

I truly believe that Lord has anointed some kind of blessing upon my body, because I could not believe it that uncoordinated, CLUTZY, I-get-bruises-all-the-time-because-I-walk-into-walls ME stood up on the board ON MY FIRST WAVE.

Oh man. Just crazy. JUST CRAZY. And then I stood up on practically EVERY WAVE after that.

It was so fun.
I might be addicted.

In addition, they shared with me different resources, like great Christian Surfing films, and great Christian surfers, websites, etc. and GAVE ME A SURFER'S BIBLE.

Sweet blessings. Such sweet blessings.

God is good. So good. And I am SO STOKED for my summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment