My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

26 days away. 40% raised. And I played petanque!

Yesterday was not my favorite day, but I got to do some of my favorite things: going to church, reading (Eat Pray Love, which is the story of my life, I feel), and picnicking with French people.

Last week I got the idea to contact French churches in Orlando to build some contacts for my trip. That Google search unfortunately was a dead end, as it turns out there are no French churches, or even French speaking churches, in Orlando (according to Google). This only spurs me to go to France even more.
I did, however, find Alliance Francaise, a group whose mission is to unite and encourage the French cultural exchange in America. On Saturday I spoke with the president of the Orlando chapter and was invited their monthly picnic at Mead Gardens, which I happily went to this Sunday.

I got to eat taboule and roasted chicken, along
with some wonderful red wine, and spoke French to many people! I told them a little about my trip, and while none of the people who I spoke to seemed to be Christian, they were excited for me to go.
Then we played a game of pétanque, which is a very ancient game of boules, kind of like Bocce. It was so fun!
Here is a picture I took this past fall of pétanque being played in Cannes.
These old men were so into it, I'm sure I overhead at least a few arguments, ha! Apparently this game is very popular in the South, so I will definitely be playing a lot of it this summer!

In other news, I'm getting very excited about my bar-b-que/party/house show this weekend. Do come out and join the festivities. It's gonna be a lot of fun! Here's a plug for my wonderful friends who are playing, take a listen!

James Roquemore
Floodwork

Here's a link to the event, which also has all the information as far as time (2-11pm) date (this Sat, May 15) and place (myhouse!).

HERE'S WHERE I'M AT: I have successfully raised 40% of my support need. THANK YOU THANK YOU to my dear friends and family who have supported, are praying, and will continue to support me on this trip. I'm so humbled, blessed, and excited for how you have all encouraged and loved me.

I am equally as excited to see who else God has provided to join my support team this summer! Perhaps it's you!
As always, you are most welcome to give here.

Ok.
So, I do have a few prayer requests.

I'm not sure if it's spiritual attack or what, but I am recently overwhelmed with a sense of ALONENESS and FEAR.
Please pray against this.
I'm learning to invite others to fight with me.
Also, please pray for redemption in some relationships in my life.
Please pray that I believe the truth of who I am created to be in Christ. Being captive to lies and insecurity is getting exhausting. I know my Lord and I know that in Him there is strength and freedom.

Dear friends, please pray. And of course, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment