My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

T-minus 17hours. And I'm officially commissioned and trained.

Much has happened since my last update.

My roommate Jenna Bishop got married.
My best friend Sarah Tilley got home from Spain.
My subleaser Kayla moved in.
Dear friend Lauranne came home from Uganda.
My roommate Kay moved out.

And I left Orlando for orientation in West Palm Beach at Palm Beach Atlantic University.

Life here has been just beautiful.
I've met all four of my teammates, and I love them all. It's insane how connected and overwhelmed with love I already feel with these people. They all get the gospel and are absolutely consumed with passion for God's grace and His word.
Sweet answers to prayer.

In addition, we've gone through cross-cultural missions training here at our orientation. And Pioneers has the best training ever, I'm sure.

Here's some of these seminars/things we done:
Why Missions? A Biblical Foundation
Overcoming Myths about Missions
Having A Good Attitude
Personality: Knowing Your MBTI and Team Dynamics
Cross-Cultural Stress and Dealing with Culture Shock
Prayer for the Nations
*wrote a team covenant
*individual prayer
*daily team devotionals
*daily team time
*daily worship

It's been phenomenal and I feel so served and fed. I hope the Edge staff are reading this, because they have been so amazing and such servants. I feel so prayed over and SO very prepared. Thank you.

It's been a blessing and an excitement to make friends with people and to see that we are going all over the world! We have teams being sent to Spain, Poland, Jordan, Afghanistan, Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, India, Croatia, Greece, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and France of course....just to name a few. There are about 80 Edgers here for training, and then there's another training in the UK. About 100 people are being sent out this summer....Praise the Lord!

Tomorrow we all leave. We take a train (who knew Florida had them!) down to Miami, where we will catch our flight to London, then France.
Our flight leaves at 5pm, and I'm so excited.

In addition, I am so humbled and blessed by all my dear friends! I'm happy to report that...

I HAVE RAISED OVER 100% FOR MY TRIP.

Friends, I could not have done this without you. Thank you so very much for everything you have done to support me and for all your prayers.

We have spent some time looking at the hostel and at the church plant in preparation for our time in France - praise the LORD because it seems like the church is thriving.
Wow, friends, I'm so excited to partner with you this trip and share with you stories and prayer requests from our friends and our church over there.

THANK YOU again for all of your love and support.

avec tout mon affection,
*Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment