My Mission Trip to France=$3800

I have raised $3,857.00 to date. My support raising is complete! Thank you!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

4 days to go, $400 left to raise, and I moved out...

God works everything out for the good of those who love Him and serve Him according to His purpose.

This truth has been my saving grace in life many times.
Oh what a GOOD God we have.

About a week ago I found out that I was able to get a subleaser for my room for the entire time I'm gone (and then some, so I will need a place to crash for two weeks in August!). Sweet blessings, thank you Jesus.
So I moved out of my room yesterday. It felt really liberating.

That said, I am now pretty much packed, although, with a 33lb weight limit...yeah I need to take more stuff out...

Anticipation is building, and everyday people just tell me how excited they are for me. I have been so moved and humbled by the generosity of those around.

My house church graciously sponsored me to go to the International Justice Mission benefit dinner this past week, where the President of IJM spoke on generosity.

He shared an interesting perspective that every single person who is living right now has, at one point, been solely dependent on the generosity of another. Curiously enough, this period of life where we relied on another's generosity, from birth till about 3, are the years that we actually end up forgetting.
But nonetheless, the truth remains that from the beginning, we were crafted to live, breathe, and survive in the arms of community.

Jesus let me never forget the sweet generosity that has been shown to me in this period of support raising. Thank you thank you for your support and prayers thus far. It is so very appreciated.

That being said, I do have $400 left to raise by Sunday, so if you feel so led to give and help decrease that number to zero, you can easily do through the link at the top of this blog, or here:
Most sincerely and humbly, thank you, dear friends and family.

WOW. I leave in four days.

And I'm so excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment